To provide the best development opportunity for female volleyball athletes in the Okanagan.
- To prepare athletes to compete at the Canadian post secondary level (CIS and CCAA).
- Develop a connection between the Heat club athletes and the Heat varsity athletes.
- Develop female athletes that will become leaders in women’s volleyball.
The Heat Teams:
- 18U (for female athletes born in 1996 or later, including those born in 1995 and in Grade 12 for 2012-13)
- 17U (for female athletes born in 1997 or later. This team will include a small number of underage players)
Club fees for the 2013 - 2014 Season:
Heat Volleyball Club fees are $1,350 per athlete – club fees will cover the following:
- Coaching honorariums & fees
- Volleyball BC & Volleyball Canada registration
- Tournament entry fees
- Volleyballs and equipment
- Facility rentals
- Physical training
** Fees do not cover accommodations, transportation or food
We welcome parent and family member spectators at tournaments, and offer all athletes the option of staying/travelling with their parents, or with teammates under parental supervision, to minimize tournament travel costs.
Teams will practice twice per week in January/early February. Teams will practice 2 to 4 times per week from March to May. This will allow athletes that are participating in other programs such as Centre of Excellence or school based programs to continue with those programs during the early part of the club season.
Fortunately both teams (17U and 18U) will have a similar schedule, which will allow them to train together for the most part.
February 22-23, Super Series in Lower Mainland (18U)
March 1-2, Super Series in Fraser Valley (17U)
March 15-16, Super Series in Nanaimo
March 22-23, Heat Invitational in Kelowna
April 5-6, Super Series in Kelowna
April 20-21, Best of the West in Calgary
April 26-27, Provincial Championship in Abbotsford
May 9-11, National Championship in Edmonton
- December 2, 2013 at UBC Okanagan 5:00-8:00 pm
This initial session is open to all eligible female athletes
- December 5, 2013 at at First Lutheran School 5:30-8:00 pm (4091 Lakeshore Road Kelowna, BC V1W 1V7)
This final session is for invited athletes only
- Tryout fee is $25, payable on site. Please complete the Jr. Heat Club Registration Form 2013-14 and return by email or fax prior to the tryouts.
** All athletes must have a Volleyball BC Athlete Release Form signed by their previous club in order to try out for the Heat teams. Please bring the signed form to your first tryout session. Any athlete that is not successful in making one of our teams or decides to not participate for the Heat may return to their previous club’s tryouts.
For more information on the Heat Volleyball Club please contact:
Becki Kosinski – firstname.lastname@example.org
Steve Manuel – email@example.com