The results from the recent food options survey are in and Food Services are looking for the campus community's help to put the feedback into action.
Over 36 per cent of UBC Okanagan staff and faculty responded and the survey revealed three main areas that a sizable number of respondents felt needed improvement: variety, healthy options, and cost.
|Satisfied or very satisfied||42%||36%||17%|
|Dissatisfied or very dissatisfied||35%||36%||37%|
To help move forward with these results a Food Advisory Committee (FAC) is being created, and two staff representatives and two faculty representatives are being sought for this committee.
The FAC's role will be to provide advice regarding all aspects of our food service operations, including:
- Assessment of food service needs (price, options, etc) and the best way to meet them
- Evaluation services, locations and products offered by Food Services and the UBC Students' Union Okanagan
- Feedback and suggestions gathered from the campus community on food needs
- Feedback regarding communication and suggestions for marketing and promotions
- Catering, deliveries and food for business and meeting needs
- The environmental sustainability of Food Services operations
What does the Committee require of its representatives?
- Members will be responsible to promote good communication between the committee and the staff and faculty that they represent. This requires gathering feedback to obtain their views as well as reporting back the activities of the FAC.
- Provide unbiased representation of different user groups.
- Engage in helping the Committee move forward with short term and long term goals.
To get involved in the Food Advisory Committee or find out more, contact Gary Hartung, manager of food services coordination, at firstname.lastname@example.org.