The Work Study program provides a minimum wage subsidy to UBC Okanagan faculty and staff who are committed to providing enriching, educational student employment opportunities.
Working on campus is an excellent way for students to learn through doing, create strong connections within the UBC community, and develop professional skills required for life beyond their degree. If you are considering hiring a student to work in your lab, unit or department, apply now for funding for 2018 Summer and 2018-19 Winter Terms. Proposals will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on Jan 31, 2018.
- One funding application period per year
- Applications are welcome from all faculty and staff
- Funding is in the form of a wage subsidy; required employer contribution is just $1.36/hr (based on a minimum wage salary)
- Employers should be committed to providing an enriching and educational employment opportunity
- Students can work up to 20 hrs/week May to August, and up to 12 hrs/week September to April.
Interested in learning more?
Attend a Work Study information session to find out more.
- Monday, January 8 | 10 to 11 a.m. ART 276
- Tuesday, January 9 | 10 to 11 a.m. SCI 253
- Thursday, January 11 | 10 to 11 a.m. EME 4218
- Monday, January 15 | 1 to 2 p.m. UNC 208
- Tuesday, January 16 | 1 to 2 p.m. UNC 208
- Thursday, January 18 | 1 to 2 p.m. UNC 208