The College of Graduate Studies, in collaboration with the Centre for Scholarly Communication, is currently recruiting graduate students for the summer intake of its Peer Writing Group Network.
The Peer Writing Group Network connects UBC Okanagan graduate students who are motivated to enhance the on-campus graduate student experience.
How it works
Peer writing groups composed of students from similar fields meet once or twice a month throughout the academic year. With support from the Centre for Scholarly Communication, participants share their writing and discuss how to strengthen their ideas and sharpen their arguments.
- To become a better writer and get feedback on how to articulate your research.
- To spark your personal motivation to write and learn how to set writing goals.
- To connect with other students going through similar experiences.
- The Peer Writing Group Network is open to all thesis-based graduate students (Master’s and PhD)
- Two intakes per year: end of May and mid-October.
- Advance registration required. Register by May 28 at: gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/peerwriting