$400,000 available annually to help fund on-campus student employment opportunities
Work Study applications are now open and being received until January 10 for 2020/21 summer and winter session funding.
Working on campus is an excellent way for students to learn through doing, create strong connections within the UBC Community, and develop professional skills required for life beyond their degree.
To apply or find out more, visit: students.ok.ubc.ca/career-experience/hire-a-student/work-study/eligibility
- Applications are welcome from all UBC Okanagan faculty and staff
- Funding is in the form of a minimum wage subsidy; required employer contribution is just $1.75 per hour (based on a minimum wage salary)
- Students are eligible to work up to 20 hours per week during the summer (May - Aug) and up to 12 hours per week during the term (Sept-Apr)
- One funding application period per year
- Broad pool of eligible students to select from