In a continued effort to connect the UBC Okanagan Heat varsity basketball teams to the Okanagan basketball community the Heat varsity coaches are pleased to announce the tryout information and the coaching staff for the 2014 Junior Heat Basketball Club.
2014 Tryout Information
March 9 @ UBC Okanagan Gymnasium 11- 5pm
U13 Boys and Girls 11-12:30pm
U14 Boys and Girls 12:45-2:45pm
U15 Boys and Girls 3-5pm
Additional tryouts for U13, U14, U15 will be held March 10-13. @ UBC Okanagan Gym (TBA)
March 30 @ UBC Okanagan Gymnasium 10- 6pm
U16 Boys 10-12pm
U17 Boys 12-2pm
U16 Girls 2-4pm
U17 Girls 4-6pm
Tuesday, APRIL 8th - 5–6:30pm. @ Dr. Knox School
Thursday, APRIL 10th - 5–6:30pm @ Dr. Knox School
Tuesday, APRIL 8th – 6:30-8pm @ Rutland Middle School
Thursday, APRIL 10th – 6:30-8pm @ Dr. Knox School
*U16/U17 Information Session: March 9 (5-5:30pm) @ UBC Okanagan Gym - Upper Foyer.
This information session is for prospective players/parents for this age group.
This will be a very informative session for potential players, if you are unable to attend because of travel or other commitments you can receive this information by contacting the Heat Varsity coaches. Pete Guarasci (Boys) or Heather Semeniuk (Girls).
Junior Heat Coaches for 2014
|U13 – Darren Semeniuk, Brady Ibbetson||U13 – Jay Johnstone|
|U14 – Harry Parmar||U14 – Marc Semeniuk|
|U15 – Roz Huber||U15 – Matt Heyworth|
|U16 – Kim Whelpton||U16 – Andrew Gini|
|U17 – Bobby Mitchell||U17 – Dino Gini|
Junior Heat General Program Information 2014
- Each Junior Heat team will participate in a minimum of 4 tournaments
- Junior Heat season: April to early July
- University coaches: Heather Semeniuk and Peter Guarasci will be involved with team selections for all age groups.
- If possible bring a completed player application form to the first tryout. [PDF]
For more information on the Junior Heat Basketball program: www.goheat.ca/juniorheat
- UBC Okanagan Heat men’s basketball head coach: Pete Guarasci email@example.com
- UBC Okanagan Heat women’s basketball head coach: Heather Semeniuk firstname.lastname@example.org