In a continued effort to connect the UBC Okanagan Heat varsity basketball teams to the Okanagan basketball community the Heat varsity coaches are pleased to announce the tryout information for the 2018 Junior Heat Basketball Club.
- Sat Mar 10 | 11:00-12:30pm @ First Lutheran
- Sun Mar 11 | 5:00-7:00pm @ UBC Okanagan Gymnasium - if necessary
- Wed Mar 14 | 6:00-7:30pm @ UBC Okanagan Gymnasium
- Tue Apr 3 | TBA @ UBC Okanagan Gymnasium - if necessary
Note: U14’s and U16’s are strongly recommended to try out for the U15 and U17 groups respectively. It is possible that we form additional teams at the U15 and U17 age groups (ex. U15B/U17B. This decision will be made by the UBC Okanagan varsity coaches and will be based on the quantity and quality of the athletes.
Junior Heat General Program Information 2018
- Each Junior Heat team will participate in a minimum of 4 tournaments
- Junior Heat season: April to late June/early July
- Claire Meadows and Pete Guarasci, the UBC Okanagan varsity women's and men's coaches respectively, will be involved with team selections for all age groups.
- Players must bring a completed player application form to the first tryout. [PDF]
For more information on the Junior Heat Basketball program please contact one of UBC Okanagan’s varsity basketball assistant coaches.
Women’s assistant coach: Bobby Mitchell (email@example.com)