New Teaching and Learning Centre at UBC Okanagan
Updated construction schedule available - March 14, 2017
You may need to refresh your browser in order to view the latest schedule.
About the Teaching and Learning Centre
Designed as a new multipurpose facility, the Teaching and Learning Centre (TLC) will transform the heart of the Okanagan campus.
The TLC is a $35-million addition to the north of the current Library building, the most highly used Library in the UBC system. Its completion will significantly address the critical need for flexible classrooms and laboratories that support dynamic and technology-enhanced programming, alleviate library overcrowding and respond to students’ strong expression of support.
Targeting LEED Gold certification, the TLC will be a signature building on University Way and will include critical facilities for the rapidly developing Okanagan campus:
- A large (400+ seat) classroom, supporting growth of high-demand programs
- Informal learning/collaborative study areas
- A digital technology centre
- A visualization lab which will facilitate high resolution data modeling for research and teaching in advanced manufacturing processes and other fields
- A new special collections archive to support research, teaching and community linkages in the humanities
Flexible learning and study space are top priorities for students, and following extensive student consultation and a successful student-led referendum, the Okanagan student body committed to funding approximately a third of the project up to $10m.
If you have questions or feedback about the construction schedule or the impact of construction activity, please contact:
|Lois Marshall||Natalie Ingram|
|UBC Okanagan Library||Campus Operations and Risk Management|