The Okanagan is in the spotlight for the latest edition of BC Studies, the British Columbian Quarterly, published by UBC. The Winter 2010/2011 issue, titled “Okanagan Futures,” features five articles authored by faculty from UBC’s Okanagan campus:
- Photo Essay: From Forested Hills to Paved Plateaus (pg: 9-20) by Fern Helfand
- Parrying Water Conflicts in the Okanagan: The Potential of a Water Market (pg: 21-44) by John Janmaat
- Housing New Canadians in the Central Okanagan, British Columbia (pg: 45-63) by Carlos Teixeira
- Repertoires of Racism: Reactions to Jamaicans in the Okanagan Valley (pg: 65-79) by Dixon Sookraj, Ann McKinnon, Luis Aguiar
- Commentary: After the Harvest: Towards a Sustainable Okanagan? (pg: 81-94) by Melody Hessing
The Okanagan Futures edition was timed to coincide with the BC Studies Conference, which will be held on the Okanagan campus May 5 to 7.