The Okanagan Senate is regularly passing important items. To better inform the campus community, highlights of these items will be posted on the Senate website following each scheduled meeting. Highlights from the April 27 meeting include:
- One new bursary approved for students totalling $7,000 (Sigurdson Family Bursary) and one revised award for international students valued at $3,000 each offered by the International Student Initiative (ISI): UBC Okanagan Campus International Community Achievement Award
- Revisions to the policies on academic leave and readmission were approved.
- A change in the common application deadline for undergraduate degree programs — from February 28 to January 31 — was approved
- Changes to the English Language Admission Standard were approved
- Revisions to the Bachelor of Human Kinetics and Bachelor of Science in Nursing were approved to comply with the Ministry of Public Safety and Solicitor General’s new criminal record check requirements.
- Curriculum approved:
- new courses from the Faculty of Arts and Sciences: COSC 407, MATH 339
- new courses from the Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies: CCS 200, VISA 485
- new sustainability courses from the College of Graduate Studies: IGS 507, IGS 570
- The 2009-2010 University Librarian report was received
To find out more about these Senate highlights contact Nathalie Hager, acting manager of the Okanagan Senate Secretariat, at 250-807-9619.