The achievements of UBC’s exceptional students, faculty, staff, and alumni are now captured and celebrated in an online Annual Review: www.annualreview.ubc.ca. The online format is enriched with extras that go beyond our previous printed annual reports and it exemplifies our commitment to sustainability.
The UBC Annual Review is a companion website to the President’s Blue and Gold Review event, which celebrates UBC accomplishments each fall. Together, the event and the Annual Review enhance UBC’s reputation, and strengthen affinity and pride in UBC among our audiences.
To ensure that the Annual Review reflects the very best of our multifaceted community, UBC faculty and staff are asked to help identify the best stories to tell. Suggestions are needed for content for the Annual Review website and for Blue and Gold Review potential performers/presenters. UBC Public Affairs is looking for stories that typify the following:
- Stories of individual members of the UBC community whose efforts have been the catalyst for a significant improvement in a field of national or international importance.
- Stories that highlight the University’s international scope and connections.
- Stories of members of our community who exemplify the UBC Brand – bold, open, connected, globally aware, adventurous and inspiring.
- Milestones from summer 2010 to fall 2011, such as:
- Major teaching awards and grants
- Major research awards and news
- New facility construction and openings
Ideally, submissions would have supporting assets, such as photos, audio or files, and/or presentation decks.
Send any submissions, no later than June 15, 2011, to Bonnie Vockeroth, Marketing and Communications Associate.