To facilitate re-paving the upper section of University way, the road will be closed from Alumni Ave. to Discovery Way tomorrow (Thursday, Aug. 23) from 6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No access will be permitted except for emergency vehicles as the old asphalt will be sprayed with liquid tar needed to glue the new asphalt in place.
Access to parking lots A and F will be closed until paving is completed. Parking is permitted in any other lot of choice for the duration of this day.
If you have any questions, please contact:
UBC Properties Trust
Please be advised road re-paving is continuing throughout the campus
This remaining road work is necessary to rebuild some sections of road and to complete the last lift of asphalt and road repairs.
The campus will remain accessible to all traffic.
- Type of work: asphalt paving and road repairs.
- Date, time, duration of project: road work started on August 13 and will continue to August 30.
- Impact to occupants/community: the only impact will be the possibility of some slower traffic movement. Bus movement will not be impaired. Be prepared for some minor delay caused by work site restrictions necessary for safety. Follow directions of flag persons.
- Location: work will rebuild the section of road starting just west of the University Way traffic circle up to the Alumni Ave intersection. This section will receive the first lift of asphalt immediately following the rebuilding of the road base.
- Following the rebuild work we will patch all damaged or missing first layer of asphalt throughout the campus.
- After all asphalt patch repairs are completed we will begin paving the second and final lift of asphalt beginning at Upper Cascades and proceed down the roadway system finishing off on the section of University Way, just below (east) of Alumni Rd.