The Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society, administered by the Victoria Foundation, has granted a total of $459,000 to 167 Aboriginal students in BC to support their studies at post-secondary colleges and universities throughout the province.
Ten of those students are enrolled in studies at UBC’s Okanagan campus. They are:
- Rhyannon Alexander, Kamloops;
- Kailee MacIsaac, Kelowna;
- Amanda Neufeld, Lumby;
- Dezire Squakin, Penticton;
- Bernadine Brown, Vernon;
- Jennifer Leason, Vernon;
- Danielle Saddleman, Vernon;
- Taryn Schroeder, Vernon;
- Reba Ladron de Guevara, Westbank;
- Jonathan McNulty, Westbank.
The full text of the media release can be found here:
-- 30 --