The Faculty of Management is sponsoring an on-site certification examination event for the Project Management Institute (PMI) on Sunday, January 26, 2014.
To write this examination those interested must apply directly to the PMI, which will evaluate qualifications and determine eligibility. There are several different options:
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) credential
- PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP) credential
- Program Management Professional (PGMP) credential
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
To apply for the onsite exam with the Faculty of Management please refer to group examination number: 096601261. Those interested should refer to the PMI website to determine which level of certification is appropriate.
For students wishing to attain PMI certification, check out the CAPM certification — specifically option two, which reflects course work but limited project management experience.
Those interested must apply by December 16, 2013, which allows the PMI five business days to process and approve applications. The roster of candidates to write the examination is finalized on December 22, 2013.
Payment to sit the examination must also be made directly to PMI (online credit card options are available). For CAPM certification the cost is $225 USD.
To find out more contact Norine Webster, sessional lecturer of business and marketing strategy.