Recognizing the contributions of staff members to the UBC community, five staff members have been awarded the 2014 President’s Service Award for Excellence (PSAE) across both campuses.
The PSAE acknowledges staff members who make outstanding contributions to UBC, and excel in their personal achievements.
The winners this year are:
- Erin Shannon, manager of academic support, Enrolment Services (Okanagan campus)
- Paola Baca, associate director of undergraduate admissions, Enrolment Services (Vancouver campus)
- Penelope (Lebby) Balakshin, administrator at the Biodiversity Research Centre (Vancouver campus)
- Ken Day, manager of the Alex Fraser Research Forest, Faculty of Forestry (Alex Fraser Research Forest site)
- Leah Walker, associate director of education at the Centre for Excellence in Indigenous Health (St Paul’s Hospital site)
Human Resources will have full citations for the PSAE recipients available in the fall of 2014.
To learn more about previous winners of the PSAE, please visit the PSAE Recipients page.