An info session has been organized for August 21 to help get faculty and staff better acquainted with UBC’s lynda.com resources.
Lynda.com is an online collection of instructional videos designed to provide just-in-time training in a variety of areas, including software skills development, learning technology tools, and professional business practices.
UBC has provided full access to this resource at lynda.ubc.ca.
The site features an extensive library of tutorials to enhance your technology and professional skills on topics such as:
- Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, Photoshop, Dreamweaver)
- Blackboard Learn (Connect at UBC)
- Business skills (Leading Change, Communicating Across Cultures)
- DIY Video (Camtasia)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Mobile devices in the classroom
- Web and mobile app design
Date: Thursday, Aug. 21
Time: 12 to 1 p.m.
Location: Fipke Centre building, room FIP 133
This info session is organized by the Centre of Teaching & Learning and Human Resources.
To register for this session, visit the Human Resources website.
To find out more contact Lisa Levell, organizational development learning specialist, at email@example.com or 250-807-8864.