Revised dates: November 28 to mid-December
Construction Work: 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily
Road Closure: 24 hours/day
Please be advised that due to unforeseen circumstances, the Alumni Avenue road closure will be delayed until November 28.
This road closure is to facilitate excavation work for new water lines.
This road closure will have the following impacts:
- No through traffic for automobiles and cyclists on Alumni Ave., with the exception of buses and commercial vehicles. Drivers and cyclists are advised to follow detour signage.
- One of the two pedestrian crosswalks between the Admin building and EME building will be closed.
- There will be pedestrian detours associated with this construction. Please follow these detours to ensure your safety and allow yourself extra time to account for these detours.
- Bus routes four and six will utilize the drop-off bay on Transit Way.
- Bus routes 13 and 90 will experience intermittent delays due to construction.
Please allow yourself extra time to account for these impacts.
Flaggers, signage and barriers will be in place to assist with directing pedestrians, cyclists and drivers.
For a construction and detour map, please visit transportation.ok.ubc.ca.