I am delighted to announce the appointment of Ian Cull as the first Senior Advisor to the DVC and Principal on Indigenous Affairs, effective January 1, 2020, for up to a one-year term. Ian is Anishinaabe, a member of Dokis Indian Band located on the Dokis Indian Reserve in Ontario, Canada.
- Scientists say current wildfire situation is beyond a ‘crisis’
- New research proves diet can put Type 2 diabetes ...
- UBC Okanagan expands blended learning options for fall
- Devastating wildfires in the Okanagan area
- UBCO researchers explore the impact of canine cuddles on ...
About UBC Okanagan
UBC’s Okanagan campus is an innovative hub for research and learning founded in partnership with local Indigenous peoples, the Syilx Okanagan Nation, in whose traditional, ancestral and unceded territory the campus resides. The most established and influential global rankings all consistently place UBC in the top five per cent of universities in the world, and among the top three Canadian universities.
The Okanagan campus combines a globally recognized UBC education with a tight-knit and entrepreneurial community that welcomes students and faculty from around the world in British Columbia’s stunning Okanagan Valley. For more visit ok.ubc.ca.