The search for UBC Okanagan’s next Associate Vice-President, Students has commenced.
Thank you to Ian Cull who served in this role from 2005 until taking up his appointment in January 2020 as Senior Advisor to the DVC and Principal on Indigenous Affairs, and to Michelle Lowton, currently acting as Interim AVP Students.
The recommendation for a suitable candidate for the AVP Students position will be decided by the AVP Students Search committee, who will present their recommendation to the President. The committee will follow Board of Governors Policy AP3. PFM Executive Search will assist with the search.
The Committee is composed as follows:
- Co-Chair: Deborah Buszard, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal
- Co-Chair: Ainsley Carry, Vice-President, Students
- Gillian Henderson, Executive Director, Human Resources
- Yang Cao, Senior Instructor, School of Engineering
- Bryce Traister, Dean, Faculty of Creative and Critical Studies
- Adrienne Vedan, Director, Aboriginal Programs and Services
- Lisa Wilson, Finance Director, AVP Students
- Barb Marcolin, Associate Professor, Faculty of Management
- Ali Poostizadeh, Vice-President, Campus Life, UBC Students Union Okanagan
- Secretary to the Committee: Cara Kirkey, Project Coordinator, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principals’ Office
We thank these committee members for their service on this important search.
Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Principal