Recognize this machine? It’s the autonomous machine cleaning floors in the Engineering, Management and Education (EME) building and it’s looking for your help.
Our new floor scrubber needs an identity, so UBCO is launching a naming competition.
UBCO first welcomed the innovative, cleaning robot on campus in January of this year through BEST Service Pros, UBC Okanagan’s custodial contractor. How fitting the robo-machine is working away in EME.
From March 8 to noon on March 17, we are looking to the UBC Okanagan students, faculty, and staff to submit some clever, witty and charming names.
The winning name will be featured on custom-designed decaling wrapped around the machine. The robot cleaner will be motoring around EME this spring, possibly carrying your winning entry!
How to enter
There are a number of ways that you can submit your entry, so don’t miss your chance to be involved!
Submit your entry via the form below or follow @ubc_okanagan on Instagram to enter the contest on social. Be sure to turn on notifications to see all content around the naming competition, and more.
Terms & Conditions
- Submissions are accepted by UBCO students, faculty, and staff only.
- Multiple entries are allowed. Entries will be accepted in three ways:
- Online survey (above) with a maximum of three entries per person.
- A question box on the @ubc_okanagan Instagram competition story
- Through comments on the @ubc_okanagan Instagram post. Note: Comment submissions will be reviewed and any deemed inappropriate will be removed.
- The competition closes at noon on Friday, March 17. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
- The winner will be chosen by a selected and approved panel of judges.
- By submitting a name suggestion (entry) the participant agrees to give full ownership and intellectual property of the submitted names to UBC.
- Two entries will also be randomly selected to receive prizes of UBCO Bookstore merch.