The Okanagan Senate is regularly passing important items. To better inform the campus community, highlights of these items will be posted on the Senate website following each scheduled meeting. Highlights from the March 2 meeting include:
- Christopher L. Gorman (BA’99, MBA’09) appointed to the Senate as a representative of the Convocation.
- Two new awards for students approved, totalling $1,500: the Community Leadership Award in Engineering, and the Jacobs Family Bursary in Engineering.
- Changes to the Academic Calendar entries approved for ‘change of degree program’ and ‘change of campus.’
- Revisions approved to the admission requirements for the College of Graduate Studies’ MA in English program.
- Changes in admission requirements approved for Brazilian secondary school applicants to direct-entry undergraduate programs effective for the 2011 Winter Session.
- Policy J-51 approved: admission based on interim grades for applicants following Canadian extra-provincial curricula
- New courses approved: ENGR 503, ENGR 531, ASTR 210, ECON 295 and ENGL 234
For more information about these Senate highlights contact Nathalie Hager, acting manager of the Okanagan Senate Secretariat, at 250-807-9619.