From September 23 to 27, over 800 secondary student leaders and 200 teachers from across Canada will be in Kelowna for the 2014 Canadian Student Leadership Conference (CSLC).
The CSLC is the longest-running national student leadership conference in Canada and UBC’s Okanagan campus is thrilled to be the host venue for the afternoon of September 25.
On-campus CSLC organizers are looking for the support of the campus community a number of different ways.
Support from faculty and staff
- Excuse student volunteers from classes on the afternoon of Thursday, September 25
- Contribute academic and non-academic spaces (classrooms, study spaces, etc.) to host conference sessions
- Recommend students to Student Recruiter-Advisor Carrie Karsgaard for volunteer positions
Opportunities for students
Volunteer positions are available for:
- session developers and session facilitators to contribute to conference programming
- CSLC hosts to implement the conference and welcome conference delegates
Interested students can apply for a variety of volunteer positions via the Campus Life website.
To find out more about the CSLC, contact Carrie Karsgaard.