The College of Graduate Studies is currently coordinating faculties and schools to each hold a Heat in mid to late February to determine the 13 finalists who will compete at the 3MT Finals on March 5 for titles and cash prizes.
For graduate students interested in participating, the 3MT coaching webinar is an opportunity to learn how to prepare for the competition and create a winning entry.
For staff and faculty who want to be involved, and graduate students wishing to register for a Webinar, contact Kerry Coombs, College of Graduate Studies, UBC’s Okanagan campus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-807-8486.
To find out more about the 3MT Challenge visit, gradstudies.ok.ubc.ca/current-students/three-minute-thesis-3mt
- 3MT Coaching Webinar 1 – January 21, 9 to 10 a.m.
- 3MT Coaching Webinar 2 – February 12, 1 to 2 p.m.
- 3MT Heats – mid to late February, various times and locations as organized by the faculties/ schools
- 3MT Final – March 5, 3 to 4:30 p.m., University Theatre (ADM026)
- 3MT Awards – March 7, 2 to 3 p.m., University Theatre (ADM026)
The webinar presentations will be made by Jacqui Brinkman, manager of the Graduate Pathways to Success program and 3MT Lead at UBC’s Vancouver campus.