There are still spots available for any faculty members interested in acting as advisors for UBC Okanagan Food Services’ Food Advisory Committee.
The FAC’s role will be to provide advice regarding all aspects of our food service operations, including:
- Assessment of food service needs (price, options, etc) and the best way to meet them
- Evaluation services, locations and products offered by Food Services and the UBC Students’ Union Okanagan
- Feedback and suggestions gathered from the campus community on food needs
- Feedback regarding communication and suggestions for marketing and promotions
- Catering, deliveries and food for business and meeting needs
- The environmental sustainability of Food Services operations
What does the Committee require of its representatives?
- Members will be responsible to promote good communication between the committee and the staff and faculty that they represent. This requires gathering feedback to obtain their views as well as reporting back the activities of the FAC.
- Provide unbiased representation of different user groups.
- Engage in helping the Committee move forward with short term and long term goals.
To get involved in the Food Advisory Committee or find out more, contact Gary Hartung, manager of food services coordination, at firstname.lastname@example.org.