Assistants needed for student-led conference in July and orientation in August
Terina Mailer, the Okanagan campus coordinator for Vantage College, is looking for a select few student volunteers to help organize a student-led conference from July 19 to 21 and an orientation on August 22 and 23.
Mailer is looking for students who can provide campus tours, plan events, answer general questions about UBC Okanagan and assist with conference activities.
Those interested will be needed on July 19, 20 and 21 and August 22 and 23. And depending on campus work experience, there is also some pre-training and preparation involved.
To volunteer or find out more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be helpful to UBC students, faculty and staff
- Provide one campus tour
- Plan and facilitate events and fun activities
- Answer questions from students, staff and faculty
- Assist with small student-led conference
- Assist coordinator in all aspects of event planning and execution
- Personable, friendly, outgoing and helpful
- Reliable and punctual
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
- Enjoy using your excellent organizational skills
- Experience with event planning
- Knowledge of UBC’s Okanagan campus and Kelowna area
- Creative and resourceful
- A fun and social atmosphere
- Make new friends, connections and references
- Increased social, employment and relationship skills
- Meals provided