UBC Okanagan’s Human Resources team received the Canadian Mental Health Association Kelowna Voices Award for a Large Business on November 4.
Presented for the first time this year, the award recognizes UBC Okanagan’s Thrive week, the Mental Health Network, Employer Community of Practice on Mental Health, and the mental health programs and services provided to faculty and staff.
The annual award is presented to an employer that best meet the following criteria:
- Provides a challenging, supportive and positive work environment
- Diligent in providing avenues for open communication across levels and departments
- Employees are appreciated and nurtured
- Responsible and ethical employer
- Contributes to the mental health of our community
Other large business nominated for demonstrating leadership in promoting mental health in our community and in their workplaces were the Delta Grand, Grant Thornton, and Urban Systems.