As of July 1, 2017, UBC Okanagan parking permits will become virtual parking permits — meaning you will no longer need to display a permit in your vehicle.
How will Parking Services know that you have a permit?
Enforcement will confirm compliance with the license plate, not the hanging permit. The license plate is scanned and must be in the system linked to a permit or a daily pass. If not, a ticket is issued.
What do you need to do?
Simply ensure that your vehicle information is correct and up to date with your Parking Services account, and remember to update it should your vehicle information change.
To update your vehicle information
- Visit ok.ubc.ca
- Click Login to Parking Account
- Click Manage Account, and enter your CWL information
- Select Vehicles from the top of the page
Tips on updating your vehicle
- Only license plate, vehicle make and colour is required
- Unless you have a personalized license plate, the character will be a zero (0), not the letter ‘O’
- If you have a rental or loaner vehicle through a dealership or repair shop, do not add it to your account. Contact Parking Services (250 807 8554 / firstname.lastname@example.org) with your license plate and vehicle description.
- Up to five vehicles can be added to your parking account
- If adding the vehicle of a friend or family member, make sure to check for tickets before you add a plate. Any ticket(s) that a vehicle already has, or receives, will be on your account and become your responsibility. Don’t get stuck with the tickets of a friend or family member.