You can get rid of it!
Displaying the permit on your mirror is no longer required. Compliance is based on the license plate, not the hanging permit. The permit is no longer looked at.
The license plate is scanned, and must be in the system linked to either a permit or daily pass. If not, a ticket is issued.
Login to your parking account with your CWL at parking.ok.ubc.ca to manage and maintain your vehicle information. As permits are electronic, all accounts need to be current and correct to authorize parking in your respective lot.
Simply ensure that your vehicle information is correct and up to date in your parking account, and remember to update if your vehicle information change.
Tips for updating your vehicle
- Only license plate, make and colour is required.
- Unless you have a personalized license plate, the character will be a zero (0), not the letter O.
- If you have a rental or loaner vehicle, do not add it to your account. Contact Parking Services at 250 807 8554 or email@example.com with your license plate and vehicle description.
- Up to five vehicles can be added to your parking account and linked to your permit.
- If you are adding the vehicle of a friend or family member, make sure to check for tickets before you add a plate. Any charge(s) that a vehicle already has, or receives, will be on your account and become your responsibility. Don’t get stuck with any charges of a friend or family member.