In January, Michael Shakespeare, Associate Vice-President Finance and Operations, announced that he will be taking a leadership role at the Faculty of Medicine in Vancouver as the Executive Director of Finance and Operations, effective April 1.
In his absence, Curtis Morcom has agreed to serve as interim Associate Vice-President, Finance and Operations, effective March 1, continuing until a new associate vice-president has been selected.
A Chartered Accountant with a Bachelor of Business degree, Curtis has more than 16 years of senior management experience across a range of industries including health, education, professional services, leasing, and land development.
Curtis has been with UBC Okanagan for five years, serving as Director, Finance Strategies, since April 2014, and previously holding the position of Director, Academic Finance and Strategy.
The Finance and Operations portfolio includes:
- Campus Operations and Risk Management
- Finance Operations
- Finance Strategies
- IT, Media and Classroom Services
- Payment and Procurement Services
- Campus Planning and Development
- Business Operations
- Deborah Buszard, Deputy Vice-Chancellor & Principal
- Vice-President, Finance
- Secretary, Melanie Franson, Office Manager
- Cynthia Mathieson, Provost & Vice-Principal Academic
- Roger Sugden, Dean, Faculty of Management
- Pauline Brandes, Director, Human Resources
- Shannon Dunn, Director, Capital Planning
- Carri Lawrence, Director, Finance Operations
- Daniel Keyes, Chair, Senate Academic Building & Resource Committee
- Rocky Kim, President, UBC Students’ Union Okanagan