As we launch into UBC’s Centennial year and UBC Okanagan’s 10th anniversary, we will soon welcome our new and returning students to campus through a broad range of orientation activities and events.
- August 30 to September 4: Over 180 international students will participate in Jumpstart, a pre-orientation program that supports international students with their academic, social, and cultural transition to UBC.
- September 2 to 5: We will welcome 50 domestic, out-of-region students to participate in Kick Start, a pre-orientation program that helps first-year students settle into campus, meet faculty, and gain valuable tips for academic success.
- September 6: Student Housing & Hospitality Services will welcome approximately 1,700 students to UBCO residences for its annual Move-In Day.
- September 7: 50 new students will be on campus for the Aboriginal Student Orientation, to familiarize themselves with the campus, engage with the campus community, and prepare for a successful start at UBC.
- September 8: 2,200 new undergraduate and graduate students are invited to join our community for Create, a day-long series of events for the newest members of our close-knit campus community, to help launch them on their path to success.
- September 13 to October 9: New and returning students will take part in Spark Extended Orientation, a four-week program that supports students and their success as they transition into our campus community.
All faculty and staff play an important role during this time. By welcoming incoming students and taking part in orientation events, you join us in helping to create memorable and lasting positive student experiences.
We encourage you to get involved in Create. Interact with students, attend orientation events, and immerse yourself in the experience along with the rest of the campus community.
Easy ways to join in the excitement of the day
- Be aware of the various activities on campus so you can serve as a resource to students
- Participate in campus and Faculty orientation events
- Volunteer for Create
For more information on the various orientation programs at UBCO, visit: students.ok.ubc.ca/newtoubc/orientations
To learn about programs and services available to support students at UBCO, visit: students.ok.ubc.ca
Thank you for your effort to make UBC Okanagan a welcoming community for our students.
Ian Cull, Associate Vice-President, Students